Saturday, October 24, 2015

Dream of Art Fair and Balloon Ride


20151024 Dream

Me and my fiance are going to some sort of neighborhood art walk of some kind. Driving there is weird and the sequence repeats at least once. I'm driving and looking for parking, we come to a place where the road is blocked off for the art fair. I make a left turn up this hill that describes an arc around a big grassy knoll. We park and my fiance has to go and talk to someone else right away and so leaves me on my own. The parking sequence then repeats only this time there was rain and as I try to drive up the hill around the knoll the car slides to the bottom of the hill and gravity is off, the car is like a bumper car in a reduced gravity environment.

So I am on my own and I am walking toward an info table and the lady tells me there is an unannounced group that is about to perform just across the street. Well, I am the only person in this area, other than the information woman, and she is talking to someone on the phone trying to let them know where the performance is going to be. She ends up putting a Richard Nixon mask on the street the nose pointing the way.

I walk across the street and there is an alleyway where a bleachers has been erected. I see some props on the stage, one is a highly stylized vampire coffin and I can see an actor inside preparing and there are other props like this with people getting ready.

I ascend the bleachers and head for the middle of middle of the bleachers and I see two women who are performers walking down from the top row of seats. I'm a little worried they are going to bore me by talking about social justice stuff, I get this impression from the stage props although now I do not know what triggered this, and one woman asks me my name and then asks me about my brother.

I start telling everything about my self and how my brother's death affected me and I feel weird doing it, like I am giving too much information. She asks me about money and I explain I inherited some money and bought a house with it. The other woman seems judgmental about it, like “how can you have money and a house when there are so many problems in the world” while the other woman is not judgmental at all.

My fiance arrives and I ask her if it isn't incredible that this is going on, how we lucked into seeing this performance but she goes on a tear about how, in announcing the show, the organizers where splattering all over everybody. I don't see it that way, but I do wonder if they sent out a psychic message and because I was already close to the stage there was no need to hit me with it.

My fiance ascends from my lower left to above my right shoulder as the actors take the stage and the bleachers are transformed into a basket for a hot air balloon as we start to rise up into the air.

As we are flying were are not very high up yet and I can see houses in a neighborhood. We are gaining height but there was on roof that is scraped by the bottom of the basket. As I look down, I think I am looking at the roof to my house which is later confirmed because there are a pair of shoes in the back yard and the dream fills me in I was doing something to freshen the shoes and I had changed my shoes before coming to the art fair. There is a man sitting on my right and I exclaim to him that we have just gone over my house and I would have tidied up the back yard a bit if I knew we would be flying over. He says something to to effect that I shouldn't worry about it.

The balloon describes an arc and we are in an open field at the edge of the neighborhood. The man on my right directs my attention to an evergreen tree at the edge of a field and a road and there is a man standing inside the tree poking his hand out waving at us. It is a very white hand and then other actors appear on either side of the tree and start singing a song but we are too high up to hear them properly and I think about how amateurish the show is but, on the other hand, I am getting a free balloon ride.


Then I begin to wonder how they turned the bleachers into a balloon basket and how, since I was sitting in the middle of the middle of the bleachers, I ended up with such a good view at the edge of the basket. I feel bad for the people in the row behind me because I don't think they can see anything and they might not even be aware we are in a hot air balloon.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of this life as being a dream and the bleachers and balloon different forms of "the show" being the grand thing that this life is that we can never really figure out --- the waking life dream of our own reality that we each create and the person next to us might not even be aware of the reality that we live in. Also some themes like the parking and pulling up to actively "enter" into this reality. And how life throws things at you -- like the "unannounced show" and also your brother's death. And there is something too about not only do we live in our own individual realities but you are not supposed to reveal too much about your own to another as that might mess with their reality "rules/procedures" --- got the sense of that when you thought you were sharing too much about your brother's death. And that the woman would bore you with her social justice info. Something about --- how do we be in this life and share our experience of it with others and get that just because someone else truth is not the same as mine that they can somehow co-exist -- that 's all that comes to me. Great dream. Which, all the ones you have posted have been just amazing and should be a screen play or movie.

    ReplyDelete