Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Bearman and Spiderwoman

20150812 Dream

I went to bed with an idea of dreaming for money advice. How can I make more money?

I had a series of complex dreams that I cannot remember much of. When I first woke up I lay in bed for a few minutes asking to recall my dreams but nothing was coming for several minutes.

Suddenly I flash on a big black man wearing a bright red shirt. He was guarding a door into some sort of slum apartment where me and a partner (it was a little like a police procedural). We were coming out of the building after talking to a woman who had something to do with the case we were working on.

I have a flash of her earlier in the dream getting us past the big burly black guard. He simply obeyed her when she commanded him to let us through.

On the inside of the building it is dark and dingy, exposed piping everywhere and as we open the door the bright sunlight and the bright red shirt the black man wears is a striking contrast. He holds out his hand for some kind of payment. My partner isn't having it and he just says something like, “The lady let us in.” as explanation as to why he isn't going to pay anything. I feel I should pay the man a little token. He doesn't seem mean and I feel a two dollar tip would be appropriate.

First I pull out my wallet but then I think better of it. That I have plenty of change and I don't have to open my wallet here and expose what I might be carrying. Which in the dream is only about $80-$200. I start sorting through my change looking for eight quarters. I find four and set them on a car hood that is nearby. I find three more and then I find a fourth quarter that has something stuck to it. It is like a small plastic mushroom camp, black with white dots. I try to free the quarter from it and maybe I do. I am not sure. I know I am thinking about that quarter is going to be sticky and I apologize to the man because of it but I might have given him the quarter with the plastic cap still glued on.

When this flash came to me, I decided to try and go back in the dream and ask the man some questions. At this point I didn't have as much detail as I have written above. I could only remember a black man in a bright red shirt and that we had gone into the building with a woman.

I decided I would ask the man who the woman was and why we had come to see her.

He told me she was a spider and that he was actually a bear. I had some memory of about 8 pipes the spiderwoman had shown me and the two top ones were the most important to me. The number 8 was related to these pipes and I felt 8's going down each of them. And maybe the vision of a city or a highway. I can almost see me in the dream, my eyes and forehead in the space between the pipes. I think I will try to do a rough sketch of what it looked like in order to honor this dream.

I asked the bearman some other questions about the dream. I asked him why he was wearing such a bright red shirt and he indicated that it represented danger but also just something to grab my attention (this worked as my first memory of the dream was almost an image of the searing red shirt in the bright sunlight). I asked him another question about the spiderwoman but he couldn't give me an answer. Perhaps I need to go back into the dream and talk to her, once I formulate a proper question.


Even though it seems to me the spiderwoman is the more important character I have the bearman the first credit since it was his image that allowed me to remember the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment