Saturday, August 1, 2015

20150801 Dream Portent?

20150801 Dreams

I dream I am having a party at my house. Me and Patti are together but it is still generally recognized as 'my house.' In the dream it is a large estate on a hill that overlooks an ocean. People are dressed well, especially women I notice are wearing dresses that flow in the wind. Like something out of antiquity.

After I have two beers Patti puts me in a cab to take me home. I am perplexed by this and I tell the cab driver that I am not drunk and that we just left my house. He drives me to an ampartment, it is very small and dark having space only for a roll-out bed and a bathroom and a kitchenette. I look around and at the head of the bed is a beautiful balcony.

I thank the driver but tell him he has to take me back but that maybe the reason this mistake happened was to show me this cramped but somehow wonderful apartment.

When we get back to my house, I try to pay the driver but he refuses my money and says he only wanted to help me.

I think this is a dream of my own death. That was my first thought when I got out of bed. That would make the cab driver Charon but he refused to take my money so I do not think it is about an imminent death, just a way to look at it when the time comes. Returning to the place we all come from, returning to the sea.


I had another dream after this and even though I was thinking intently upon it as I woke up it left me quickly as the idea to write it down came to me. It had something to do with feelings of shame and all eyes being upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment