Saturday, March 14, 2015

Self Portrait Number 10

I'm behind in posting my self portraits. I had a bit of a drawing block and I just drew the same picture three or four times and then finally moved on but while I was in crisis I did not wish to post anything publicly.

This week I actually missed my deadline anyway but for a happy reason, it was my birthday on Tuesday and Patti got me a pencil box so I can take some penciles with me, and a giant sketch pad.

While, the first thing I wanted to do was to draw a giant picture that need to be this big!

 This is one of my harder ones so far so far as detail goes. I probably need a two weeks just to draw more details in the photo but I decided to stop in this case when I finished drawing the big balloon.
I seem to have misplaced my neck in the drawing and my torso seems really long but overall I am satisfied with this one for where I am.

I think just adding the little detail of the shadow by my feet gives it some depth. I will revisit this photo later, I think and try and fill in more of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment