Saturday, April 4, 2015

Dream of Great Dane, Two Lions, and a Tabby Cat in the Morning of the Blood Moon

This morning, 20150404, I woke up around 1:50 AM and watched a little bit of the lunar eclipse through the window and I went back to bed around 3:00 AM. I did not watch the eclipse the whole time and I missed the blood moon part but I did see the shock of moonlight suddenly brighten through the window around 3:00 AM when the eclipse ended.




After going back to bed, I had a dream. I dreamed I was in my mom's basement and there was this huge Great Dane there. Even though I identify where I met the dog as my mom's basement it wasn't her house. When I entered the house it was this great mansion and the basement even wasn't really her basement, it was more like a great dining hall, only after hours or after a party and there was clean up going on.

The dog suddenly appeared and seemed very happy to see me. I was not immediately warm to the dog, I liked it well enough but it was so big, I definitely made a “no dog in the bed” rule but somehow I started talking to the dog and I could understand it. It was like someone I had known a long time ago and I was happy to be reunited and I let the dog sleep in my bed.

In the morning I am upstairs in the mansion and I see what I think is dog waste on the carpet and it disgusts me but I do not want to think ill of the dog. There is a guest registry nearby and when I walk to it I notice that the mess is just an item of some kind that fell on the floor.  Probably a dog toy but in my memory it looks a bit like a fishing bobber.

The mansion aspect of the house is both very elegant and yet somehow stuffy and not very bright. No natural sunlight is getting in.





















I go outside to get some air and sun and it was once again my mom's house and I am in the back yard looking at one side of the house where I see a tabby cat at the border of the property. It is very small and cute and with a greenish tint to its stripes and as it moves closer to the house it gets bigger and bigger. I am approaching it to see if it is friendly when I realize that it is a mountain lion, a female one. I freak out because I do not understand how I could so thoroughly misidentify a tabby cat.

As I look on I see the Great Dane trotting out in the front of the house when it sees me it has this look of curiosity and fear on its face. I yell to the Great Dane to stay where it is as a full maned male lion suddenly appears next to the female mountain lion.

I start trying to get to the back door of the house but I have that horrible dream thing where perspective is skewed and I am both impossibly far from the door and I am very heavy and can barely move.

I wake up and it is 5:00 AM on the dot. I am having a mild gas attack but it makes me wonder if I am going to die? Was the dog Anubis? Was I embracing my own death when I embraced the Great Dane?


Later I thought that perhaps the lions represented some solar configuration, like a sun dog, I had seen a sun dog once, years and years ago driving back to Madison from Milwaukee and the two suns were very close to each other in the sky and it reminded me of how the maned lion appeared next to the mountain lion. Kind of close together, maybe 4 or 5 degrees separating them and both sort of blobs, not circles. Or maybe one was a circle and the other looked just as bright was more of a blob.

No comments:

Post a Comment