Saturday, January 10, 2015

Self Portrait Number 2

Here are the rules I am drawing by:

1) the end goal is 52 self-portraits by 1/31/2015
2) If I do three in a week, Great!
3) If  I don't do any in a week, maybe I was busy.
4) This is not a challenge
5) Nothing is perfect, if I don't like an attempt, too bad for me, it still counts toward the 52.

I think that's it.  Here's the self-portrait for the second week of January, 2015:

This one is take from a picture when Patti and I were on vacation last March. The photo is from March 12, 2014 and we are staying in a condo at Sanibel Island in Florida.
I am not as happy with this one as I am with the first one but, hey, it's only the second one. Maybe I try too hard. I have trouble capturing the mouth and the ear and the nose.

I started today by practicing shading, just trying to make a sphere out of s circle and even though I wasn't too happy with my shading, I was eager to jump in and try again.

Then I remember it is only the second week and prior to three days ago I never tried to draw a self portrait ever, so I am good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment